Second Life Copybot

Full Version: Download Texture from SL (j2c to Png) Offline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In another thread a link has been posted to a site from which download SL textures by inserting the UUID. Textures can be downloaded, but without the alpha channel, and in low definition.

These things tease me and I can not stand.

Half an hour for analysis, half an hour for some web search, one hour for 20 lines of code and for debugging. And here's the new born.
  • Download from SL Server Asset by entering the UUID
  • Native j2c format
  • No login to SL is required.
  • Preview in real time
  • Save texture on disk (png or native j2c)
Enjoy.

I did not have much time to test. If something is wrong, let me know

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
OnFire Now… I've been watching your work and DAMN
You are talented! Thank you so much for the work you do in favour of us all!

Ninja OnFire YOU JUST ROCK
OnFire WOW!  OnFire

I have been searching for something like this in SL for a loooooong time! I can see SO many uses! Textures load so slow for me inside Sl and saving them to disk from SL is a pain in the ass as they sometimes save and sometimes don't! 

A+++++++++++ & Reps to you! 

I would like to make a tiny suggestion (if it is possible and if you have time to work on it) being able to plug in a list of UUIDs at once would be extremely helpful!

I have been considering trying to go through my sculpties and sharing them here but after the harrowing time with the textures i shared it is a daunting task, something like this with the list option would make it soooo much easier to save and share! 

Regardless the way it is is a HUGE asset as are YOU

Thank YOU!
Nice job, does it use the asset server Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.?
(04-22-2017, 05:08 PM)Uglehs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nice job, does it use the asset server Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.?

(04-22-2017, 05:20 PM)Gina_43 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(04-22-2017, 05:08 PM)Uglehs Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Nice job, does it use the asset server Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.?

I didn't know if there was more then 1 way to reach the asset server. Nice to know.
Thank you very much, Gina!
I always expected Bogwoppet would release something like this... *chuckle*
(04-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Thank you very much, Gina!

I believe the only way to  download textures and any asset off lindens servers was to log in with an account
(maybe i am Wrong).

the web link that was given in fact does use an account and a bot inworld.Corrade is a bot system that's for you to set up
with your own account this weblink is only meant as A DEMO and uses an account and bot set up for demo purposes
I wonder if Gina's program simply uses that websie and passes the details onto it of uses the php calls on the source of the website

If this is so I would not trust this for and large qualities as the  website possibly captures some of your details ie: ip address browser ect:
and could possibly be removed if abused.

if Gina has another way of getting assets off the servers without logging in sl Id love to know
if not id sooner  use my own bot as I do and log into sl on one of my own accounts

Sahulat I did release a program way back to  get textures off the servers but  as far as i know only 1 person took up the offer of the program and he has had many program updates from me on a personal basis.
(04-23-2017, 10:29 AM)Bogwoppet Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(04-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Thank you very much, Gina!

I believe the only way to  download textures and any asset off lindens servers was to log in with an account
(maybe i am Wrong).

the web link that was given in fact does use an account and a bot inworld.Corrade is a bot system that's for you to set up
with your own account  this weblink is  only meant as A DEMO and uses  an account and bot set up for demo purposes
I wonder if Gina's program simply uses  that websie and passes the  details onto  it of uses the php calls on the source of the website

If this is so  I would not trust this for and large qualities as the  website possibly captures some of your details ie: ip address browser ect:
and  could possibly be  removed if abused.

if Gina has another way of getting assets off the servers without logging in sl Id love to know
if not id sooner  use my own bot as I do and log into sl on one of my own accounts

Sahulat I did release a program way back to  get textures off the servers but  as far as i know only 1 person took up the offer of the program and he has had many program updates from me on a personal basis.
  • No Bot IW;
  • No Corrade site;
  • No illegal access to linden Server
  • No download limit.
  • And Yes, you can access and get assets off the server without logging into sl.
(04-23-2017, 05:27 PM)Gina_43 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(04-23-2017, 10:29 AM)Bogwoppet Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

(maybe i am Wrong).

with your own account  this weblink is  only meant as A DEMO and uses  an account and bot set up for demo purposes
I wonder if Gina's program simply uses  that websie and passes the  details onto  it of uses the php calls on the source of the website

If this is so  I would not trust this for and large qualities as the  website possibly captures some of your details ie: ip address browser ect:
and  could possibly be  removed if abused.

• No Bot IW;
  • No Corrade site;
  • No illegal access to linden Server
  • No download limit.
  • And Yes, you can access and get assets off the server without logging into sl.

Wow  Well done gina 
I never knew that a texture could  be downloaded like this. I have  never seen it documented  the way you done this with a simple call.  so why not make this read in  xml files and  download the  good textures this way instead of having to use cached files wonders how long its been able to download   this way     WELL DONE....

PS. I did not realize one could use the CDN servers call from outside SL do you have any info if other calls can be make apart from "texture_id=". Can other kinds of assets be downloaded this way ie sound, animation and mesh. would be nice if something like "mesh.llmesh_id =" worked (it don't using that one I tried ). Because if its possible that contains all the fitted mesh details as well as the mesh data.

just checked it is possable to download mesh textures and sound this way Smile thank you Gina Smile
Pages: 1 2 3