Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
I.e. from obj --> fbx then fbx --> dae.
Autodesk FBX Converter

I tried this obj to dae converter this worked well for me
saves having to learn blender Smile

the only thing you have to do is load in your obj file convert it to fbx and then to dae its very easy to use

I.e. from obj --> fbx then fbx --> dae.

you can find the free download on this page under FBX Converter
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

sorry about the heading (pressed enter key too soon) Sad
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

lol like deadly says easy peezy ! Wink

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. | Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
it works but wont carry joint positions or skin weight (rigging)
does this means were stuck with blender then? Sad i was trying to learn rigging in maya! wtf!!!!!
[Image: 2wn6ako.png]
but really nice tool
ahhhh good ... its a standalone program, the FBX Plug-In is not for older versions of 3ds max, i have to download the newest autodesk version Sad , if i want use it direct in 3ds max, i work with the 2009 version, i hate blender and blender hate me
Thumbs Up 
stand alone converter Want Super
nice catch this will save me alot of multi-programs unnecessary importing / exporting
its notworking for me anymore, dident change anything on the settings from the converter at least not that i know off. I just dont get the option to save a file as DAE, any ideas how to fix taht ?
(04-29-2013, 12:37 PM)DaDude Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.its notworking for me anymore, dident change anything on the settings from the converter at least not that i know off. I just dont get the option to save a file as DAE, any ideas how to fix taht ?

Just download blender and do it that way, its not hard to transform to a dae.
[Image: mj7ocx.gif]
ƖƬƧ ƘƖƝƓƓƠƠƝ MƲƔƔƛ ƑƲƘƘƛƧ
thanks, tried that and works.

Just on some models it says error