Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Singularity, KDU amped (Windows x86 32 bit)
since not everyone is a self compiler, and, because some of you like a viewer that isnt a copybot etc to run on your main account, here is a straight from source Singularity with KDU image support.

and sorry, Windows only, till i find a linux kdu source.

there has been nothing at all added or taken away other than adding KDU.  this is compiled from Singularity tip, the latest code as of new years eve, and it will report exactly as any self compiled viewer would to anything that asks useragent etc.  as far as i know nothing sent out by the viewer reveals which image decoder is used, but if you paste from "Help/About" it does say it in there so be aware of that.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

md5 checksums:

installer: 25f6ad084130a3959a97e02e67d8053f
viewer exe: 67edfb02e725f25509dc8b910e8efb3f

enjoy.  and if anyone notices any problems related to image handling, report here and i'll see what i can do.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Hmm..i tried the installer but once it ask you to start the viewer, it crashes.
(01-02-2015, 07:56 PM).Flagg. Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.since not everyone is a self compiler, and, because some of you like a viewer that isnt a copybot etc to run on your main account, here is a straight from source Singularity with KDU image support.

FREAKING AWESOME. Installed just fine for me, ran it on my main first thing and my inven is over 200K, I murder most viewers lol. I stuck like glue and it rezzes prims/textures etc like a dream for me. Big Grin  I love it. Thank you!!!

Bloody Kisses,
Jazz 
(01-02-2015, 08:20 PM)Kazoo123 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hmm..i tried the installer but once it ask you to start the viewer, it crashes.

does the standard singularity installer work for you?

also, at that point the viewer -is installed- , does the viewer run if you start it from the start menu?

the installer is basically an archive.  if your issue is related to the installer itself, you can extract it with 7zip or somesuch and manually place the files/folders.  if this turns out to be a common issue with people i will post a zip archive. but if it's an issue with the viewer, i'll need enough reports to find the common points between them and see what's going on.
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
also people if you try this and you -dont- have issues, if it works good for you, i wanna hear about that too, i dont only wanna hear about the problems. Smile this thing kicks ass on my ten years old laptop, so it should kick even more ass on modern systems.
---
---
---
works like a dream this viewer thank you very very much
(01-03-2015, 05:12 AM)riffxue Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.works like a dream this viewer thank you very very much

\o/ thanks for letting me know Smile
---
---
---
Do I download and install as any other viewer?
I have no idea about KDU or what is it

Is it a source code?
I`m sorry for asking so much.
(01-03-2015, 01:50 PM)CuteBigGirl Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Do I download and install as any other viewer?
I have no idea about KDU or what is it

Is it a source code?
I`m sorry for asking so much.

the second life viewers use two different bits of software built into the viewer to encode and decode images, the graphics you see on your screen.  one of them is called OpenJpeg and it is open source, and free.  the other one is from Kakadu Software and is called KDU for short, and it is very much not free.  it is also faster, tho there have been improvements in openjpeg in recent times.  the Linden Lab official viewer, and Firestorm, and the Inworldz viewer, have a license and they use KDU.

this is a regular viewer installer, you download it and install it like you would any viewer.  the difference is that i have patched the not-free and faster KDU software into it, instead of openjpeg.  and after you do, dont paste your info from Help/About to people, because it says KDU in it and it shouldn't, because Singularity is not ever supposed to be able to have it, the Singularity developers don't have a license to use it.  and neither do i but you know where you are.  Big Grin

maybe i should have nerfed the Help/About screen so people wouldn't get themselves in trouble by accident, but oh well, whats done is done, i'm not gonna run a whole new build just to fix that lol.  Wink  besides i like seeing it there.
---
---
---
actually maybe this shouldn't be in 'Legal Viewers' come to think of it lol but its not a copybot either.

mods, if there's a better place please move it. Smile
---
---
---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Singularity Alpha Bento Compatible .Flagg. 2 2,972 09-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Eufelia
Star CtrlAltStudio Viewer 1.0.0.34218 RELEASE - WINDOWS and OSX mightymarc 53 17,553 06-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Last Post: EchoSeven
Tongue singularity viewer Rodrigos21de 38 20,761 01-04-2015, 04:16 AM
Last Post: aser2110
  new Singularity Viewer v1.7.0 - Multi-Wear release! Cyborg 22 10,576 04-11-2014, 06:56 PM
Last Post: detraf
  Frontier Viewer Singularity with mesh rendering KingGoon 7 5,122 10-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Last Post: DarkHood