Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Sparkles 2.3-4 release, Avastar 2.41 release, Primstar 3.04

Avastar 2 was made for rigging: attaching a skeleton to
mesh avatars and clothes/objects so they move perfectly
with the joints of your body. All within the limits of
Second Life avatars ofcourse. It can do all that avastar 1 could, but was created to take advantage of the new bones that
were added to mesh avatars: bones for facial expression,
tail bones and wing bones. Anything created with Avastar 2 must
be uploaded with a Bento capable viewer.

Sparkles is an ever growing tool set (see Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.)

Primstar is a plugin to create sculpt maps and UV maps for sculpted prims

Tutorials for Avastar can be found at: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.#
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. <--- start here

Primstar tutorials (movie clips) at: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

DOWNLOADS:

Sparkles 2.4.3  Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

(Bento) Avastar 2.41 (release) - anything created with it must be uploaded with a Bento enabled Viewer!
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
A clear description of working with Avastar 2 can be found at Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Release Avastar-2.4-0 (bugfixes, changes and improvements):
    Fix 46694: Location not correctly exported to BVH
    Fix 46777: set z rotation limit for all finger 2,3 bones to [0,0]
    Fix 46777: incorrect pose bone limits for finger1 bones on left hand
    Fix: Exporter reports wrong bone types during export
    Imp: Added more print statements to collada exporter.
    Fix: Blender reported a bad internal state “DAG zero… not allowed to happen!”
    Fix: Export of armatures fails when sliders are disabled
    Fix: Mesh distortions with’use bind pose’ in appearance sliders
    Feature: improve Replaced the Settings Tab by a Workflows tab
    Imp: Better hand mesh for avamesh
    Fix: Snap To Mesh Operator creates Trace Dump when called in Object Mode
    Fix: 43400 export of finger bones does not work (Collada exporter uses wrong rig type during export)
    Fix:backup and restore select state during rig update and copy did not work correct
    Fix:copyrig did add deform flag to the Animation bones. Should add to the deform bones
    Mesh Cleanup now cleans up everything except the fitted mesh (unless purge is set to True, then everything is cleaned)
    Imp:Warning panel stays now on screen until user clicks somewhere
    Imp: unbind now removes everything except the fitted mesh information
    Change: Removed the purge option (is now always false)
    Change: Moved the freeze option down into its own line for better visibility
    Fix:processing of restpose was not correct for some functions
    Fix: system mesh container was wrong placed when slider height changes
    Fix: Thumb0 rotation does not close the thumb: HandThumb0 roll was falsely aligned to the thumb bones
    Fix: Object cleanup did not remove the Avastar property groups from Mesh objects

Primstar 3.04 - this version should work even in Blender 2.77

Leave the .zip files as they are. In case of a .RAR archive containing .zip files:
only unpack the .RAR but leave .zip archives intact.

Installing the add-ons in Blender:
File -> User preferences -> Install from file -> choose the right .ZIP file,
then "Save user settings".

Installing in Blender 2.79:
File -> User preferences -> Add-ons -> Install Add-on from File

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other useful links about the creation of mesh for virtual worlds, besides Avastar stuff:

Blender for Opensim (Google Plus community). Several nifty addons listed there:

Blender Artists forum for tips and tricks, help and tools programmed by others:

Creating a rigged attachment:

Non-human character creation:
Lesson 1: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Lesson 2: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

(01-20-2016, 02:59 AM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Other useful links about the creation of mesh for virtual worlds, besides Avastar stuff:

Blender for Opensim (Google Plus community). Several nifty addons listed there:

Blender Artists forum for tips and tricks, help and tools programmed by others:

Creating a rigged attachment:

Non-human character creation:
Lesson 1: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Lesson 2: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

her you see bento in action

[Image: 10ifb54.png]

(03-29-2017, 03:07 AM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Updated to Avastar 2RC7 in the original post.

I bought yesterday 13$ for a year, but what happens after the year ... I have to pay again to continue receiving updates ?, if so, it seems abusive.
[Image: t6docp.gif]

BE HAPPY, WITHOUT FUCK THE STAFF... Read the forum rules.
(03-29-2017, 05:12 AM)frasco Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(03-29-2017, 03:07 AM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Updated to Avastar 2RC7 in the original post.

I bought yesterday 13$ for a year, but what happens after the year ... I have to pay again to continue receiving updates ?, if so, it seems abusive.

Yes, it is a subscription. It will also cost more next time because prices are going up now.
On the other hand this has been Gaia's only source of income for some time.
It has become a full time job. So I keep saying: if it is useful to you, consider buying.

Nalates Urriah posted the links to some interesting tutorials.

1. showing how to handle bind poses when working with the classic avatar and fitted mesh clothes

2. using the new Bento capable AvaStar to create tiny avatars and giants.

Thank you, I have been wanting these.
replove send Sahulat welll done
~ hugz and smoches ~
Cyra
[Image: 2uq0lt4.png]
Thank you Sahulat need these tools again, glad you had them all together. Just learning about Bento, guess all try that later. Don't thin bunch of views that support that yet from what I see!
(03-29-2017, 07:36 AM)Sahulat Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(03-29-2017, 05:12 AM)frasco Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Yes, it is a subscription. It will also cost more next time because prices are going up now.
On the other hand this has been Gaia's only source of income for some time.
It has become a full time job. So I keep saying: if it is useful to you, consider buying.

The interface of Avastar is always different and the tutorials are too old to be really useful.
I used version 1.1 without problems, but now I have abandoned this product, it becomes too complex to use.
It is obvious that Avastar is very powerful, but requires a lot of learning time.
If I have time, I will look at MayaStar which is more stable with its interface.
I recall here that we can get versions of Maya completely free (Just say that you are a student or teacher)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Avastar non-human rigging (with transcript) - skin weight problem SOLVED maxhomicide 0 560 08-31-2016, 03:59 AM
Last Post: maxhomicide
Exclamation Problem with fitted mesh (Avastar)!!! Anarky 10 1,454 02-10-2016, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Anarky
  avastar-1.1-RC-3_blender-2-70 Sacredcom 3 2,561 10-10-2015, 03:00 AM
Last Post: Pollyanne
  Blender 2.65 with Avastar DEV 726 SonicSouz 2 1,124 07-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Last Post: jaimed
  Blender+Avastar 2.66 (Working) ImpartialOne 0 1,732 05-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: ImpartialOne