Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Gorean weapons
Hello everyone for those that rp in a Gorean Sim must know for now that the quality of the weapons is an important part of your character, since even if you're a good rper and all if your weapon sucks you will end up as a slave or worse, so here's my question. what's your favorite shop or creator of those weapons :Smile and also, since this is a sharing community, you ever copied any Gorean weapons? if you do, please share Smile
this IS a sharing community..

it is fine to exchange experiences, but no shares of weapons in this thread, please. 

And you read this? Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. | Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.| Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. | Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
im not requesting anything, just want to know what are ppl thoughts on weapons creators since there are so many. the share part is just if some1 wants to not a request.
(03-25-2017, 01:06 AM)gromvaraf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hello everyone for those that rp in a Gorean Sim must know for now that the quality of the weapons is an important part of your character, since even if you're a good rper and all if your weapon sucks you will end up as a slave or worse, so here's my question. what's your favorite shop or creator of those weapons :Smile and also, since this is a sharing community, you ever copied any Gorean weapons? if you do, please share Smile

I prefer LR weapons, although they are all supposed to be scripted the same, i find that the melee seems to perform much better, especially in a lag filled simulator.
(03-25-2017, 01:27 AM)gromvaraf Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.im not requesting anything, just want to know what are ppl thoughts on weapons creators since there are so many. the share part is just if some1 wants to not a request.

I have met a weapons creator, but it does seem that there are a lot out there, i'm thinking due to having so many updates, they need a team to split the workload up.
The first thing to think about - people will be inspecting your weapons ALL the time. It's both because there's constant suspicion of cheating, and the general dick-measuring of always wanting to see what everybody else is packing. Many of the creators are, on their mains or in their alts, connected to the community. So the chances of getting spotted and reported are pretty high when copying this particular item.

I'm going to assume this post includes at least a passing interest in cheating? So... let's talk about that. There's one maker who made the mistake of also releasing some full perm items once upon a time under the same account... so it's possible to get a full perm prim with the right credentials. But again - people who are obsessed with these items WILL be scanning them and will know how to recognize something wrong- so you'd want to take a lot of care in making sure it will pass muster. There are attachments that others could be wearing that will make certain you were striking from the correct range and with the correct timing. So even rolling your own script... you can't necessarily make a sword that hits people from 4m away or that strikes 10 times per second without getting caught. There are some things that you can push the envelope on. You could make a sword that can hit people behind you! A big part of melee tactics in Gor is trying to get past your opponent, since the swords usually strike in an 180 degree arc in front of you. A 360 sword would let you pummel people who were coming in close behind you thinking they were immune. You can also make a sword that automatically strikes back at anyone who hits you, or a sword that DOESN'T hit people who are wearing the same group tag as you, or a sword that swings automatically as soon as someone comes into range.

If you're caught cheating, you'd be DONE in Gor forever, though... so if you're enjoying your RP... I wouldn't necessarily going down this rabbit hole.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ARE YOU A GOREAN? DO YOU PLAY IN GOR? WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THEM? Suesselady 55 14,517 03-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Kharrie