Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bone animation on objects - Utopia? Or possible?
As said in the title:
Do you think LL will never implement a bone (or at least empty helpers) system for NonAvatarObjects?

It would be cool ...

Immagine fantasy "moving" trees, spider avatars, strange attachments, monsters, animals, moving flowers, and much more...

...in opensim, if implementer it's possible to do so...

...but will LL imprement it?
I feel this is an intresting topic, but... ...the lack of responses suggests me that bones for "non-avatar-object" are simply pure UTOPIA (in secondlife)
For this have scripts bro ....
This world will die , because peoples are hungry ... hungry for MORE
LL is actually working on a feature called "Animesh" that I believe does what you are asking. I don't think it's released yet but from the sounds of it it can be tested out on Beta grid using a project viewer supplied by LL.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(01-09-2018, 02:49 PM)mew380 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.LL is actually working on a feature called "Animesh" that I believe does what you are asking. I don't think it's released yet but from the sounds of it it can be tested out on Beta grid using a project viewer supplied by LL.

COOL!

I'm so exited about this feature !
Thanks for the hint Wink
Years ago, before mesh, they were working on physics for sculpties, but they fired the lead, when they first released mesh on beta grid they talked about all the features they wanted to implement, seeing as it has taken them this long to release bones for fingers, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for mesh rigging for non-worn items.
Animesh is going to be epic. It's what I've wanted in SL for a loooooong time. No more prim whips!

From what I've heard, animesh bones support physics AND collisions. SO for example, capes won't have to be bento animated. Capes will hang and drape more naturally. Same with hair and long clothes, etc.

However they're still refining it. Currently you can only wear 1 animesh item at a time. And the land impact is off the charts. But hopefully neither of those will be an issue when it's officially released.
The sex doll industry is going to take off xD
(02-13-2018, 04:25 AM)HiHo68 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.The sex doll industry is going to take off xD

lol  I didn't even think about that, but yea it will.  So will pets and NPCs.
Yeah they sure will, especially pets I think.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting UUID's direct out of vendors or objects Reetkever 10 319 01-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Last Post: ..:: Cyra ::..
  Help! how to copy animation in darkstorm kankore777 9 1,655 03-06-2018, 02:19 PM
Last Post: .Flagg.
  When copying mesh objects.. Do you copy the sculpt textures too? Reddit 1 715 11-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Emma Frost
  In Reply to script "Show active animation names in hovertext" enchiladaBeret 2 1,102 09-22-2016, 03:15 AM
Last Post: enchiladaBeret
  Positional Information for the indivdiual mesh objects in a ripped mesh learning_mesh 3 1,621 08-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Gina_43
  Bone-heat Nirazhon 0 559 12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Nirazhon
  {WIP} Full perming, modding creator of mod objects with LSL only. Zidonuke 0 1,097 11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Zidonuke