Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
animated gif to SL animation
Big Grin 
The file includes the gif_2_SL_animation_v0.6.exe program as well a modified script to use in world to animate the textures gif_2_SL_animation.lsl
It will allow you to take animated gif's and convert them into [framed] .jpg images that can then be uploaded into SL and using the supplied script animate the texture on the given face of a prim.

Boom

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
it didn't work for me. Probably need more instructions. I would like to get it to work with my own animation pictures .

I am not sure if I should put the texture name in line 66 or leave the script as it is.

The program renames the downloaded animated gif to its own name with numbers . Do you use the texture name or change it to your own?
@rxry maybe this helps

h ttp://www.outworldz.com/Secondlife/Posts/Gif/Create-Gif-in-Second-Life.htm 
it leads to : h ttp://www.outworldz.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?ID=67  where you find : Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. file # 2. gif_2_SL_animation_v0.6.zip - script by Ferd Frederix

there is more information on the website OP where OP got the script from.

OP. your shares are mostly copy/paste from free online scripts sources. Can't you dig up anything else? Or at least mention your source?
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. | Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.| Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. | Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GIF 2 SL Animation Mations 0 479 04-19-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Mations
  ANIMATED TEXTURE PROGRAM AND SCRIPT thedemonofsl 20 2,979 01-05-2014, 12:05 PM
Last Post: papalote