Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Download slm(second life mesh) files from SL
A simple tool.
  • Select the radio for one UUID or UUIDs list.
  • If you choise one UUID, paste the UUID into the appropriate textBox
  • If you choise UUIDs list, select the txt file with the list. (button on the right of the textBox)
  • Push the save button.
  • Select the destination folder.
Done.

The tool is intended to download slm files that are missing or corrupted (for MeshesSL users).

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza.
You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge
Dante Alighieri (1265 - 1321) Hell, poem 26

Excellent, thank you very much for this!!! And thank you for teaching us!
Not sure if the download link is broken or if goonshare is down, but it's not working for me. The page fails to load and I get this error: "can’t establish a connection to the server at goonshare.pro"
(09-15-2017, 11:35 PM)DarkHeaven Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Not sure if the download link is broken or if goonshare is down, but it's not working for me.  The page fails to load and I get this error: "can’t establish a connection to the server at goonshare.pro"

Added mediafire link
Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza.
You were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge
Dante Alighieri (1265 - 1321) Hell, poem 26

I did a quick video on how to use this for newbies!

Thank you Gina!
Hi!  I have been using Gina's tools for a while now and have become a HUGE fan!  The video Benjamin did is also a HUGE help!  Thanks so much for all of those things!

...I have a question however on some hair that keeps giving me trouble...

I open the "MeshesSL" program and put my XML file in there.  It decodes a few things the avatar was wearing beautifully.  

The things it doesn't, I go to the "Slm-Not-Found" txt, copy the UUIDs and place them in the "SLMfromSLServer" program and can then put those new UUID .slm files into my System Drive>Users>App Data>Local>MeshesSL>SLM_Files to rerun the "MeshesSL" program again, and it usually fixes these attributes and makes meshes beautifully.

However, this one item of hair just will not do this.  I keep running "MeshesSL" with the fixed non VFS .slm files put into the proper place, but when I run "MeshesSL" again, it brings up yet another UUID that was not included.  I fix it again, and try to run it again, and it brings up another completely different UUID.  It only brings to my attention one missing UUID at a time.  I have gone through this maybe 20 times with different UUIDs.  

...Is it telling me missing UUIDs for each strand of the mesh hair?  Will there eventually be an end to this if I keep at it?  Or is the file corrupt and I should cut it loose?

Thanks in advance for any advice with your helpful experience!
When using meshesSL, look in the 'child' column, the number represents the count of child-objects included in the linkset object.

Each child object has its own mesh slm file, while meshesSL fails at and reports on the first missing child object, so if the object contains a large number of sub-objects with missing slm files, running meshesSL repeatedly to find and pull the missing slm UUIDs from the report and then using the slm from SL tool one at a time will take a while.

Alternatives include loading back into SL and attempting to get the object into cache (if the object is available, wear it and make sure it is fully rezzed, then log off), or parsing the XML file for all the mesh UUIDs at once, copying them to a notecard, and running the slm from SL tool.

I don't have a good guide for parsing the XML - I use a mix of macros and python scripts when I need to parse one - though it can be done manually (tedious, but scrolling through the XML file, each child object will have a set of lines with Sculpt type 5 and a UUID - the UUID is the slm file UUID).

Example:

<key>sculpt</key>
           <map>
           <key>texture</key>
               <uuid>91651f34-d3b5-d205-8097-b652753b4242</uuid>
           <key>type</key>
               <integer>5</integer>

I'm going to guess the hair is Truth as I haven't run into any hair besides Truth that has more than 20 child objects, and most hair only has a couple of child obejcts - while Truth can have 100-200 or more child objects (which also means when it is imported, it will cost substantially more than usual, as well as be much more difficult to texture (each child becomes a separate object in the imported linkset - so 100-200 objects to texture).

Personally I'd check the object count and if it is only a few more and you really love the hair, go for it - but if the object count is something like 100+, look for other hair to copy (Dela, Exile, Wasabi Pills, Entwined, Stealthic, and many more all have hair with only a handful or less objects).
Thank you very much!

I finally got it, it's 63 and is Limerence, so I'm just going to make it separate in the zip file and give others a choice.
I created a simple Python script that parses the XML file and extracts a list of those UUIDs.
Once extracted, they can be copied into a text file and used by this SLMFromSL tool.

[Image: fzshqZ3.png]

Here's the code of `extract-sculpt-uuids.py':

Code:
import sys

in_file = open(sys.argv[1],'r')

next_is_image=False
for read_data in in_file:
   if next_is_image==True:
      print(read_data.strip()[6:-7])
      next_is_image=False
   if read_data.strip() == '<key>id</key>':
       next_is_image=True

Usage:  python extract-sculpt-uuids.py xml_file.xml

It works in Windows with the Blender's Python.exe and it works in Linux.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Download Texture from SL (j2c to Png) Offline Gina_43 21 6,004 09-29-2018, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Torachan
  Internet Download Manager (IDM) 6.30 Build 7 mafiso 2 280 03-03-2018, 12:05 PM
Last Post: mina23v
  Download your wearables with legal viewer Gina_43 3 3,996 01-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Sahulat
  Program to let you preview targa(.tga), Photoshop(.psd) files in Windows Explorer. mfcdsmfcds 1 758 08-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Pixarraldo
  Internet Download Manager IDM 6.21 Build 16 Final Incl. Crack ZeroZee 0 883 01-05-2015, 12:42 AM
Last Post: ZeroZee
  Second Life My Inventory Viewer - SLMIV KingGoon 13 3,417 04-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Last Post: pippone456
  RESTBot for applications written in PHP or Perl to interact with Second Life SoulCrusher 6 1,032 03-02-2014, 10:10 PM
Last Post: tukymix
  Internet Download Manager Biohazard 5 1,223 04-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Biohazard
  View psd files in windows explorer tested jim123 0 335 08-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Last Post: jim123
Video [DOWNLOAD] Kinka-mega-pack... MULTI-MEDIA TOOLS (latest!), all u'll EVER need !!! Margarine 5 2,085 12-18-2011, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Fuck3r_H@ck3r