Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050
Hi, I am having a problem getting my video card to work with Darkstorm. I have tried changing the GPU table to what i thought was right and it worked on first login. Then when i went to login again it reverted back to low graphics and said my video card was not recognized so i guess it was wrong. I did lots of searching here and tried all things i found to no avail. Also I would like to know why my mesh body is fine but my hands are stretching and they are not bento either. Any help on these would be appreciated.
I have included a pic of my settings as well from Darkstorm.

[Image: r4Akh8D.png]
I have the same NVidia Card and it works so far.

Resolution only set between High and Ultra. NOT ULTRA or you may crash. Draw Distance to 512m, Windows Mode.
In Hardware settings only Antialiasing to 2x.

Starting Darkstorm will still get you a popup that your card may not be recognized but you have the option to disable the popup.

There are also some problems with Windlight settings. Some graphics and the water looks abit odd. I could not figure it out yet. As Main Viewer I use Singularity Bento Alpha. Things work better with it.

For the stretching Arms you need Singularity BENTO ALPHA Viewer. At the moment I use v 1.8.7 (6937)
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I always use 2 Viewers. Darkstorm to backup my stuff, Firestorm as main viewer and import mesh.
(08-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Nitecrawler Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi, I am having a problem getting my video card to work with Darkstorm. I have tried changing the GPU table to what i thought was right and it worked on first login. Then when i went to login again it reverted back to low graphics and said my video card was not recognized so i guess it was wrong. I did lots of searching here and tried all things i found to no avail. Also I would like to know why my mesh body is fine but my hands are stretching and they are not bento either. Any help on these would be appreciated.
I have included a pic of my settings as well from Darkstorm.

[Image: r4Akh8D.png]
actulay this 1050 is a bit of a nightmare with coin mining also make sure you did install the driver on the disk and did not let windows install the standard driver Sad
1050 is actually the one I was looking forward to buy, haven't seen this one being used for mining, since they start from 1060 and up...
I expected it to be huge boost from my 750ti, but since I use similar settings and I get great fps and not any glitches, now i really don't know.

Could hope Blender will at least work better.
I sometimes use the linux version of darkstom on linux mint and all seems to work fine for me.

Maybe try loading up with normal firestorm first, then close it, then load up darkstorm and set darkstorm to use same folders as the firestorm viewer.

Only reason I'm even mentioning that is because I tend to copy over settings from firestorm to darkstorm so my screen stays the same, so just thought I'd mention it as a shot to nothing.

My system stats:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (1600 MHz)
Memory: 7966 MB
OS Version: Linux 4.13.0-32-generic #35~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 25 10:13:43 UTC 2018 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 384.111
"Quote the Raven, Never More"
(08-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Nitecrawler Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links..... Also I would like to know why my mesh body is fine but my hands are stretching and they are not bento either. Any help on these would be appreciated...

That particular issue is only caused by bento in my experience. Which hands are they?

Also, you might try a clean install of your graphics driver (choose custom install, tic "Perform a clean install") and leave out anything you don't use (I usually only install the HD Audio Driver and PhysX in addition to the Graphics driver). The latest version for your system right now is 390.77. Be sure to get it directly from Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links. as the manufacturer provided drivers can be problematic.