Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do people make full perm demos?
Been seeing it more and more as I browse the marketplace looking for full perm items.

Demos. Actual clothing demos, but in full perm mode.

Is their a catch to these items or are creators dumb? Wink
i would say both but sometimes you are in to much stress and simple forgot it...gawd i have done that a thousand times by myself

Cyra
[Image: 2uq0lt4.png]
please share!
I'm hunting sucessfully since year of such items.

events are a great place for example, designers mostly in a hurry to catch the setup date and miss the double check
newbee stores too
and sometime too lazy gotten oldbees

TIP:
- always manually unpack in a noscript sandbox
(unbox scripts are annoying, sometimes send information to owner, sometimes initiate a demo timer)

- if they have a timer or demo script with "nocopy" perms, you can drag it (this script) into your inventory
what (because its nocopy) REMOVES the script from the "nomodify" demo object
I rated for assets once but that is no longer necessary. Try the XML2-tools.
(11-08-2017, 07:05 PM)Emma Frost Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.please share!
I'm hunting sucessfully since year of such items.

events are a great place for example, designers mostly in a hurry to catch the setup date and miss the double check
newbee stores too
and sometime too lazy gotten oldbees

I never seem to find anything at events; I always find the majority on the marketplace and try and figure out what the catch/gimmick is.
crazy kitten has this thing where you can get a demo of their outfits in their mainstore - and them not actually have any demo stuff on them or inside them, no timers etc etc - just the actual outfit as though you brought it. I found it on several of their demos - not all - but some lol.

Free outfits Smile
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
I've found furniture demos where the item is restricted but the contents are part or all fullperm, or at least copy and or modify, which lets to move the contents into an unrestricted item. Sometimes they are temp-on-rez to make them poof when you stand up off the item, or have a self delete script, soooo, just stay sit and drag the contents to inventory then hop up and let it poof, you have what you want. I don't share the links because they'd get fixed, and spoil the fun, but yes always be on the lookout for things like this.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Wearing demos permanently, Method 1:
For example, with Scandalize demos you have a lot of floating objects around the item that they need to protect. These items can often be permanently worn in a fairly simple way without anyone noticing it. What do you do, you activate the item in the folder in your inventory ... open "edit" (right click on item) and then you get the 3 colored arrows (3 dimensions). All the pieces of this item are now selected (often with a yellow border shaded, also those floating security objects). If your arrow is colored dark blue up and down, you are usually lucky. Click on the blue arrow and then these security objects could be scrolled up or down. Now put them under the bottom. Click next to your avi to deactivate "edit" and you have a completely free dress. Now you can go to any party without anyone noticing that you only have a demo. There is a second method ... but for this I first wish to answer my question. For example, how can I get the UUID code for that skin (s) directly from a sales object or vendor for skins? I own DS and Revelator Bento x64.

(dutch)
Demo's permanent dragen, methode 1:
Bijvoorbeeld bij Scandalize demo's heb je veel zwevende objecten rondom het item die ze moeten beveiligen. Deze items kun je vaak op een vrij eenvoudige manier permanent blijvend dragen zonder ook iemand het merkt. Wat doe je hiervoor, je activeert het item in de map in je inventory... open "edit" (rechts klikken op item) en dan krijg je de 3 gekleurde pijltjes (3 dimensies). Al de deelstukken van dit item staan nu geselecteerd (vaak met een gele rand gearceerd, eveneens die rondzwevende beveiligingsobjecten). Als je pijltje voor op en neer donker blauw is gekleurd dan heb je meestal geluk. Klik op het blauwe pijltje en dan zouden die beveilegings objecten ope of neer kunnen gescrolt worden. Stop ze nu lekker onder de bodem. Klik naast je avi om "edit" te deactiveren en je hebt een volledig gratise jurk. Nu kun je naar ieder party gaan zonder dat ook iemand merkt dat je eignelijk slechts een demo draagt. Er is nog een tweede methode... maar hiervoor wens ik eerst een antwoord op mijn vraag. Hoe kan ik bijvoorbeeld voor skins de UUID code van die skin(s) rechtstreeks uit een verkoop object of vendor halen. Ik bezit DS en Revelator Bento x64
(01-10-2019, 07:11 PM)Reetkever Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Wearing demos permanently, Method 1:
For example, with Scandalize demos you have a lot of floating objects around the item that they need to protect. These items can often be permanently worn in a fairly simple way without anyone noticing it. What do you do, you activate the item in the folder in your inventory ... open "edit" (right click on item) and then you get the 3 colored arrows (3 dimensions). All the pieces of this item are now selected (often with a yellow border shaded, also those floating security objects). If your arrow is colored dark blue up and down, you are usually lucky. Click on the blue arrow and then these security objects could be scrolled up or down. Now put them under the bottom. Click next to your avi to deactivate "edit" and you have a completely free dress. Now you can go to any party without anyone noticing that you only have a demo. There is a second method ... but for this I first wish to answer my question. For example, how can I get the UUID code for that skin (s) directly from a sales object or vendor for skins? I own DS and Revelator Bento x64.

I tried this Method 1 with Darkstorm 3.02 even tried rezzing it out, making texture transparent resizing. No matter what changes I tried to make it just said no permissions and reverted back to original state? In a no script sandbox with same brand Scandalize has I actually love this store. Is there something I am missing?
Rainbow 
@UnicornBarbie, the so called "method 1" described above depends on whether the obscuring DEMO prims are NOT of
RIGGED mesh variety.  These days they overwhelmingly are of that kind,  so it's rare to be able to apply this method.
Rigged mesh stays in one place designated by the rigging person, and resists moving about your avatar.

I'm curious to know exactly which demo items Scandalize still has that you can apply this method to.

On a separate issue, Darkstorm lets you make LOCAL changes to the textures of objects you don't own or otherwise wouldn't
normally be able to modify for one reason or another.  The changes are not visible to others and they don't persist whatsoever.

Cheers!

pony
(01-12-2019, 05:29 AM)dancinggirl Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.@UnicornBarbie, the so called "method 1" described above depends on whether the obscuring DEMO prims are NOT of
RIGGED mesh variety.  These days they overwhelmingly are of that kind,  so it's rare to be able to apply this method.
Rigged mesh stays in one place designated by the rigging person, and resists moving about your avatar.

I'm curious to know exactly which demo items Scandalize still has that you can apply this method to.

On a separate issue, Darkstorm lets you make LOCAL changes to the textures of objects you don't own or otherwise wouldn't
normally be able to modify for one reason or another.  The changes are not visible to others and they don't persist whatsoever.

Cheers!

pony

Same am curious too and ty for explaining that I felt like kina idiot didnt know what doing wrong lol And yeahs local doesn't really help much to allow wear less just say doing blogging photos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full mesh body Omega compatible for 50L$ Microsoft Word 16 652 02-26-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: ԃҽʂɧᵃωɳ
  so how do I make linden off of this viewer? LucianLander 5 621 01-02-2019, 04:32 AM
Last Post: DrHook
  What Mesh Body & Head Do Most People Use - Survey Results skyebreeze 33 7,276 10-02-2018, 04:27 AM
Last Post: valocks
  full perm altamura avatar female dottie1975 0 340 08-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: dottie1975
  HUD FOR TRACK PEOPLE AND FIND THEM IN ANY SIM!!!! Sole Dolio 22 8,493 05-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Last Post: weeds1977
  Can people normally create something this huge and vast? Reddit 8 1,387 01-16-2018, 04:54 AM
Last Post: .Flagg.
  Have you ever made any money selling pictures to people? Reddit 6 1,277 12-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Reddit
  How come when people copy shoes.. Reddit 3 864 11-26-2017, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Svebor
  You know people are dumb when... Reddit 4 1,160 11-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Chris7734
  How do YOU make/steal/ect Lindens? Xtreme 59 18,874 10-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Emma Frost