Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for animesh
Article Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Currently it's only available on the beta client; but I'm curious about what ideas others have had for animated mesh when it is pushed to SL main branch!
NPCs and rigged props! It has always been the biggest limitation of SL, not being able create them easily. You can ditch all those shape key animated stuff which definitely will reduce the lag, means it'll boost gaming inside SL. It's a huge step especially when you look at the timing, bento was just a year ago and many were under the impression that LL will sidestep second life and go all Sansar.
(11-29-2017, 01:05 AM)Anarky Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.NPCs and rigged props! It has always been the biggest limitation of SL, not being able create them easily. You can ditch all those shape key animated stuff which definitely will reduce the lag, means it'll boost gaming inside SL. It's a huge step especially when you look at the timing, bento was just a year ago and many were under the impression that LL will sidestep second life and go all Sansar.

Rigged props was one of the coolest things I was thinking of!  I was even thinking of attachments like a whip or even having a cup you can pour water out of now would be insanely cool to have!  The only issue looks like it has a limited number of verts for each model, which makes sense but is definitely going to limit some of the things you can accomplish.
oo making rigged whips and Paddles & bdsm stuff ,now that gets me excited ! im currently adding the scripts etc to things to see what works, like adding to a dress see if it will sway like in a breeze etc. but im not sure on the anim for things like that. how would that work anyways, ideas?
(01-04-2019, 10:56 AM)Fem\nominon Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.oo making rigged whips and Paddles & bdsm stuff ,now that gets me excited ! im currently adding the scripts etc to things to see what works, like adding to a dress see if it will sway like in a breeze etc. but im not sure on the anim for things like that. how would that work anyways, ideas?

You know I never thought about the animated whips. But that would be PERFECT now that you mention it. I've seen a couple of NPC Gimps around. Dope concept.
Rainbow 
(01-04-2019, 10:56 AM)Fem\nominon Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.oo making rigged whips and Paddles & bdsm stuff ,now that gets me excited ! im currently adding the scripts etc to things to see what works, like adding to a dress see if it will sway like in a breeze etc. but im not sure on the anim for things like that. how would that work anyways, ideas?

The wiggly animations from those bento tails (Sweet Thing) are intriguing.

pony
I already got sex furniture that rezzes "partners" for you. Still early stuff but fun to play with.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst ideas in all of SL Random 86 22,545 08-27-2018, 12:21 AM
Last Post: bballgirlb
  Best ideas in all of SL 123Gotcha 1 593 01-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Reddit