Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Firestorm handles copies of copies?
Hopefully in the right spot, please move as needed.

I've used DS to copy a structure in XML format and uploaded it to an OS Grid. Everything worked fine. I decided to take it with FS and move it to another sim within the same grid. The original floors are fine and you can walk across them with no issues. The copy that I moved, has prims that you can not walk on and you sink down in them. What went wrong?

How do you tell in build if part of it mesh? Is that the case that the build actually had mesh that I brought over in the XML file?

Thanks
When you import an XML that some bits of it are mesh, the mesh parts will come inworld as plain plywood spheres or boxes, because the export/import process assigns them to be a mesh by using a special classification of 'sculpt' but there is no sculpt map assigned. A lot of the time that will just flat crash a viewer that tries to bring that XML in, but if it doesn't crash, yeah you just get a defaulted piece of plywood. It also happens on some exports, that there are sculpts, and that the sculpt maps don't get properly uploaded and applied on import. Use the search and look for FixSculpts to get a little program for fixing that issue; altho I don't think Darkstorm suffers from it it's still not bad to have as some older viewers did have trouble that way.

To troubleshoot this specific structure, you are better to look at the first original object you copied from on LL grid, at exactly the parts of it that are behaving differently, and at your working copy too on OSgrid, see what has changed. Look at properties of prims like physical, or phantom, or physics shape type, etc, also look for missing invisible/transparent prims.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Well what is strange is the original upload to OS was good. No tissues. However when I take a copy is when I have issues. No texture issues. No checked boxes in the properties of the prims. But the copy of the copy has places where you walk trough the prim, when my initial upload doesn't
(12-14-2017, 08:47 PM)CpyK9T2 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Well what is strange is the original upload to OS was good. No tissues. However when I take a copy is when I have issues. No texture issues. No checked boxes in the properties of the prims. But the copy of the copy has places where you walk trough the prim, when my initial upload doesn't

Can you put an archive online for inspection?
By the way: when you copy an item with shift-drag, the copy is the one that stays behind.
The original is the one that moved.

your problem sounds for me like, that the physic engine can read the physiclayer of your object (the original)
but dont know how to copy it right

what physic engine you are using on your grid?
BulletSim, ODE, POS?
well BulletSim is the new standard, guess you are using it per default.
so try tuning it: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
I rated for assets once but that is no longer necessary. Try the XML2-tools.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sombrero Firestorm (Updated ‎‎Tuesday, ‎August ‎19. 2014) simms 418 104,475 09-29-2017, 03:18 AM
Last Post: scarfacee
  Meats Viewer - Based off Firestorm 4.7.7 48706 Official 11 5,108 04-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: C.Nails
  Patch Firestorm Hide / Protect IP FR SpiritJoker 2 811 06-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Last Post: FCTEAM
  Firestorm crashing ShadowWizard 1 663 04-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Yes I am Tee
  new new new Firestorm after just a few days riffxue 7 2,912 03-25-2015, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Yes I am Tee