Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error logging into viewer
Hi everyone...I keep getting this message when I try and log into Darkstorm...I have checked everything on my computer and its all working proper...what can I do to fix...??? Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Here's a post from the SL Forums, that might be helpful..

Quote:Your local network may be blocking secure logins. It's also possible that your secure login is failing due to an incorrect date/time on your computer.

Try double-clicking the clock in the Windows system tray (in the lower-right corner of the screen), and verify the date and time. Make sure it's not a year off!

Be sure a firewall, or security or firewall software, is not blocking Second Life access. Second life is one of a few programs that requests permission to look at the internal clock settings of your pc but most antivirus software doesn't think that any programs should need to look at this. If you need further instructions on this please go to the software manufacturer's website.
I have checked and reset everything mentioned and I keep getting same message. Thanks for the help tho...<3
(12-23-2017, 12:58 AM)jeanne Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have checked and reset everything mentioned and I keep getting same message. Thanks for the help tho...<3

Done everything I can do...even removed all security from computer ...no firewall ....and clock all set proper...still will ot log in... Angry
(12-24-2017, 03:17 PM)jeanne Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12-23-2017, 12:58 AM)jeanne Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I have checked and reset everything mentioned and I keep getting same message. Thanks for the help tho...<3

Done everything I can do...even removed all security from computer ...no firewall ....and clock all set proper...still will ot log in... Angry

You best go here to search for an solution

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I dont know if you use firestorm or darkstorm

if you use Darkstorm try firestorm instead to see if you still have the same problem

[Image: 10ifb54.png]

(12-24-2017, 04:08 PM)Smartie Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(12-24-2017, 03:17 PM)jeanne Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

You best go here to search for an solution

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I dont know if you use firestorm or darkstorm

if you use Darkstorm try firestorm instead to see if you still have the same problem

I do not have this problem with any other viewer...I used Darkstorm before but not on this monitor and it was fine...
I’d delete it and reinstall it. See if that helps.
(12-25-2017, 01:10 AM)CpyK9T2 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I’d delete it and reinstall it. See if that helps.

that only works if you do a clean install

remove everything that has to do with Darkstorm

really, everything

then a new fresh reinstall

Quote:Quote: wish

IMPORTANT!! Install this build as a CLEAN INSTALL ***
if you have problems uninstal, delete the darkstorm/settings folder and reinstall
advice: change DS system folder on Login Spoof (#Darkstorm)

[Image: 10ifb54.png]

Log in on a working viewer and 'Ruth' your avatar, reset to all basic system stuff, in case you are wearing something that Darkstorm can't handle because of its age. If you keep having issues, go to C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Roaming and find the Darkstorm folder or SecondLife folder, whichever one Darkstorm uses, and inside it is a logs folder, inside that is Darkstorm.log , you can open that in a text editor and erase any identifying things about you that might be in it, then zip it up and upload it somewhere, link it here, but be certain it is somewhere you can take it down from if we find something you missed that identifies you in it.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
Dude, your computer battery is prolly dead on your motherboard - for the time being, you'll have to reset your computer time and date before running the viewer :-P

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Viewer] DarkStorm v3.1.0 (windows/linux) wish 913 192,586 Today, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Liatigra
Star [Viewer] DarkStorm v2.8 SSB [windows/linux/macosx] wish 1,033 105,208 04-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Last Post: erhannnnnnnn
  Viewer for Bento Fridaynight 42 6,565 04-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Last Post: beatonthis
Big Grin Revelator Alpha 64 bit viewer lilith969 17 2,987 03-28-2018, 09:17 PM
Last Post: dehlpi2001@web.de
  Which viewer can i still use? Froszelol 5 1,259 02-06-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: empty_cell
Rainbow The currently most complete and secure viewer? Claire Fraser 6 1,112 01-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Last Post: .Flagg.
Star OLD [Viewer] DarkStorm v3.0.2 Windows and Linux wish 2,143 260,513 12-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Bill Woodland
Smile Viewer Question Chris7734 2 376 11-24-2017, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Chris7734
  Keimo Ascent 2.8 - viewer from 2010 =old ghost9 103 12,432 09-25-2017, 02:21 AM
Last Post: stourmead
  Singularity/ Copybot Viewer mesh problem? SamTEI 0 553 09-13-2017, 06:39 AM
Last Post: SamTEI