Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is anyone able to rip this successfully with MeshSL?
#1
MP link:

[To see links please register here]


Can anyone try ripping this Bento vag with MeshSL? I keep getting the below error for any of the 3 styles included no matter how many times I clear .db cache and retry export. Even tried editing the xml file to wipe out any special characters in the names like "#" or ";" but that didn't help either.

[Image: G1GGxVZ.png]

Here's the xml I exported:

[To see links please register here]


Same thing happens with a few other Bento items, but not all Bento items has this issue.
Reply
#2
@TheWalkingBread   You mentioned before that you're using Darkstorm to export Bento meshes.
Evidently that might be the entire issue.  I tried your XML without any luck, but the XML I exported
with Revelator is working.

Here is the freshly Revelator-exported XML file as well as the collada without "DEMO" prims.
Grab this before the link expires.

   

[To see links please register here]


Enjoy!

pony
Reply
#3
Hey thanks.

Interestingly I'm getting the same error using your XML to generate the mesh as well, so it might be a combination of export and cache issue. Also, some Bento does work with darkstorm export, but I haven't found out any pattern yet.
Reply
#4
Rainbow 
@TheWalkingBread I guess it makes sense that my XML won't work with your MeshesSL if it's looking into your Darkstorm's SLM storage.
Point it to the Firestorm 6's storage instead, and warm it by wearing the stuff.

Personally, I've abandoned doing all that altogether.  Instead, I extract the UUIDs from the XML using a simple python script,
and then populate a folder with SLMs using this tool:  

[To see links please register here]


Here's the python script i use:  

Code:
import sys, glob, os

for file in glob.glob("*.xml"):
    in_file = open(file,'r')

    next_is_sculpt=False
    for read_data in in_file:
        if next_is_sculpt==True:
           print(read_data.strip()[6:-7])
           next_is_sculpt=False
        if read_data.strip() == '<key>id</key>':
            next_is_sculpt=True

And here's how you use it in Linux:

Code:
wet-wet-wet:~/Python% ls -l *.xml
-rw-r----- 1 dancinggirl 1000000 36432 Jul  4 14:48 toksik - Academy Uniform (Freya).xml
-rw-r----- 1 dancinggirl 1000000 36433 Jul 31 00:52 toksik - Academy Uniform (Maitreya).xml

wet-wet-wet:~/Python% python non-interactive-extract-sculpt-uuids.py 
b41f9e30-a71b-3909-4a00-368cf97e3216
e56cf407-9aeb-f7e5-49d4-80e65c3613cf
74b1c5ad-e9b5-aa88-97d1-6992b00d5c42

845de71d-6bba-e4ac-85df-3ad23abc5861
2fe7738a-7b40-ff8f-e8a3-c0747cd004c1
20fc6034-1e60-02b9-34aa-8aaad0fcf06a

Once the script extracts these bunch of UUIDs, I copy-paste them into a text file and feed that file to 
SLMfromSLServer.exe which populates an arbitrary SLM storage folder that MeshesSL is configured to look into.  

It's a decent workflow, once you get used to it, and a huge benefit of it is that you don't have to create colladas 
immediately while the viewer's SLM cache is  still warm and instead you may chose to store XMLs, 
and create colladas later whenever you feel like it.

You can use this script in Windows or MacOS as long as you install and configure any version of Python there.

Cheers!!

pony
Reply
#5
Did you get a working rigged version yet? If not, I can try to rip it sometime soon.
Reply
#6
Rainbow 
Let's move the MeshesSL conversation back here.

[To see links please register here]


There you said that even after following all the steps you still get the error.

Take a look inside Slm-Not-Found.txt file that is located in the same folder as MeshesSL executable.
It's a log file that MeshesSL updates every time it cannot find one or more SLM files during the conversion.
Just make sure that you're not missing one or more SLMs yet to be downloaded.

Also, feel free to upload and attach a link to that troublesome XML so some of us can try to reproduce this error.

Cheers!

pony
Reply
#7
(08-23-2019, 11:28 AM)TheWalkingBread Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

MP link:

[To see links please register here]


Can anyone try ripping this Bento vag with MeshSL? I keep getting the below error for any of the 3 styles included no matter how many times I clear .db cache and retry export. Even tried editing the xml file to wipe out any special characters in the names like "#" or ";" but that didn't help either.

[Image: G1GGxVZ.png]

Here's the xml I exported:

[To see links please register here]


Same thing happens with a few other Bento items, but not all Bento items has this issue.

This tends to happen when the root in the linkset is a prim, and not mesh. I made a tool that will separate each link into a separate XML file, which you can find here: 

[To see links please register here]

 . MeshesSL works better when parsing linksets with only one link in them.
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)