Second Life Copybot

Full Version: Ripping Demo shoes in Blender!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay so everyone has been messageing me to make a tutorial video on how to turn a one shoe demo into a functional and undemo'd pair of shoes.
It was going to be 3 parts but I hit the dreaded 'Missing convex block error' so I also did a part 4 of the tutorial to show you how to deal with that. I hope this is helpful. 
Also--yes, I know my avatar name is shown in the video but that's okay because I wasn't uploading these to Secondlife and I'm not too concerned about backlash since this is more of a Blender tutorial anyways.
I don't mind some positive rep since this really took all afternoon, thanks again!

Ripping Shoes part1 
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

Part 1 of a 4 part tutorial on ripping demo shoes. This part describes organizing your rips and preparing to use Blender to 'undemo' shoes for SL.

Ripping Shoes part2
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

In part 2 we rip a simple pair of shoes and learn how to weight paint with vertices to rig them.

Ripping Shoes part3

In part 3 we rip a more complex ankle bootie and I show you how to use Avastars rigging/weighting tool. This was supposed to be the final video but we hit an error and I made a part4 to show you how to deal with that.

Ripping Shoes part4

This was supposed to be a 3 part tutorial but we hit the mysterious 'Missing Physics Convex Block" error, so I show you how to deal with that since it is fairly common.

Additional tutorial video- HUGE Shoes! What to do if you import a demo into Blender and it comes in HUGE!
We miss part 2 but maybe you work on .... Thanks for your work .
Part 2 is there!?!?! Here's the link for it again!
(05-23-2017, 02:18 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Part 2 is there!?!?! Here's the link for it again!

Not working

[Image: 5150478.jpg]
Okay sorry about that, for some reason that one was set to private.....should be working now.
(05-23-2017, 03:26 PM)Benjamin Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Okay sorry about that, for some reason that one was set to private.....should be working now.

Yea , thanks again . This happen to me too sometimes , think is youtube bug to make videos private .
(05-23-2017, 10:20 AM)Benjamin Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.All i can say its just wow..
Thank you so much for this share .
Rep love on your way..
Cool tutorials man, thanks for taking time out to make these for the fam. +1
Hi i had hard time with this shoe ,i scale them and try everything but it didnt help lol.it came too big after using Ginas tool...
It rigged just on one legg

here is the XML file ..if you can try and tell me please what i did wrong.
Thank You

[Image: 1777463.jpg]

[Image: 1119554.jpg]

[Image: 2563403.jpg]

[Image: 3031733.jpg]
(05-24-2017, 02:32 PM)Jay-Jay Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Hi i had hard time with this shoe ,i scale them and try everything but it didnt help lol.it came too big after using Ginas tool...
It rigged just on one legg
YES! That happens sometimes, especially with GOS shoes. I think they use Maya or something. Anyways, it's simple.
After importing the mesh shoe into an empty space, hold shft and clik the rig space so everything is showing and the shoe is selected.
Then simply tap S and move your mouse down until the shoe's scale matches the foot.
You may have to rotate x,y, or z to get it to line up.
I'll see if I can make a video for this one as well.

Remember you can type S alone and move the mouse to adjust scale, or S and then X,Y, or Z to rotate along an axis.

Here's a quick video I made for you, hope it helps!
Pages: 1 2