Second Life Copybot

Full Version: Tools to fix common MeshesSL glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I ran into a couple of glitches when ripping rigged meshes with MeshesSL, so I made a couple workarounds.

1) XML Link Splitter. This takes any linkset-containing XML file that you would normally parse with MeshesSL, and splits it into separate XML files containing a single mesh piece each. When mesh pieces are uploaded unlinked to one another, glitches occur less frequently.
To use, double click on the program and enter the full path to your XML file (example: C:\Users\Huggypie\Documents\SL\Copied\bodies\lara\feet\leftFoot.xml)

Download:

[To see links please register here]

2) DAE fixer. This fixes a glitch in which separate faces on a mesh are treated as one after the mesh is uploaded to SL. This is due to a problem in the way that MeshesSL saves the files, so the program corrects the errors in these files. To use, enter a directory that contains any .dae files to be fixed, and it will correct all dae files in the specified directory.

Download:

(download link has been fixed)
I've actually been looking for this for some time. Thank you ++1
DAE Fixer link says file is missing.
Thank you for fixing the link. These look like very useful to have. +Rep grenade coming your way.
Thanks for the handy programs! hopefully they will fix some of my big problems so that I can share more efficiently. ♥
Tell me please, for what reason Meshesl can not make the subject and gives the following error? Thanks.

(12-21-2019, 06:11 PM)igorkeer Wrote:

Tell me please, for what reason Meshesl can not make the subject and gives the following error? Thanks.

i had the same question a time ago, i had also that error,  there is a thread from it, but they tell me about that error, that the person wasn't rezzed enough or that you wait to long before you use the tool, and i see you are still using Darkstorm? maybe thats also the problem that viewer dont work anymore
Yes, I use Darkstorm, some items can be done perfectly, and others for some reason give this error, I can not understand the reason.