Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
info on modern copybot viewers
Hey, I have returned to SL after a few years, and I see that my usual viewer of choice (SLPE) is no longer available for purchase. 

I would like to get another now, I see that many of the source codes available here are backdoored, so I am skeptical about just making my own.

I would like your opinions, what copy bot/griefing viewers are worth while and have a good track record? I'm sorry if this isnt like a few years ago where people sell viewers, its been a long time ago. Anyways, please enlighten me thank you. 

I am mostly interested in the following ...

- exporting or importing stuff such as models, textures, animations and sounds. I could care less about meshes but those would be nice too
- griefing features, mostly for countering other griefers. 
- decent stealth so I do not get squashed by LL (again)

Outside neillife and SLPE, I have never used a non standard viewer and know little of them.

[To see links please register here]

Can you show a proof that the viewers provided here are backdoored ?
[Image: Sam-fisher-Signature.png]
I have no clue if theyre backdoored or not. I am new here, and only have experience with older stuff which usually was backdoored. I not accusing anyone or anything
I apologize if it sounded like I was attacking the credibility of anyone here, but I am not.
Seems a lot has changed
you can setup a firewall-rule, to allow the viewer only connect to lindenlab.com,
so any backdoor wont work

= Windows Firewall =
->New Rule, Type: user defined
program: -> select your viewer exectuable
protocols and ports: TCP
range: local=any, remote=216.82.0.0/16
action: allow
profile: all
name: secondlife-tcp

protocols and ports: UDP
name: secondlife-udp

This may break some not (linden)server-handled connections like vivox,facebook,flickr etc
I rated for assets once but that is no longer necessary. Try the XML2-tools.
(07-28-2020, 11:18 PM)Emma Frost Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

you can setup a firewall-rule, to allow the viewer only connect to lindenlab.com,
so any backdoor wont work

= Windows Firewall =
protocols and ports: TCP
name: secondlife-tcp

protocols and ports: UDP
name: secondlife-udp

This may break some not (linden)server-handled connections like vivox,facebook,flickr etc
Viewers and any software in general can easily work around that, they can use various attack vectors to gain network access directly or indirectly.
The mere fact it's on your computer is cause for concern, I would personally also like to see some source-code and a guide to compile a viewer myself.

Also the creators need to show proof their viewers are safe, not the other way around.
the viewers have already been tested by many and if they were backdoored we wuda noticed and reported it ... its not about creators proving they're safe .. its about coming and already saying that viewers/source codes here are backdoored ... so its like a flag and we want to know which ones are 
I have just one question, are all copybot viewers here closed source or are their any opensource?

if no, why?
If yes, please send links to their source code...
closed mainly so that certain other forums won't copy it and just slap their names on it and call it their own and put it behind a pay wall  .... personally i have a system to find out if it is backdoored .. but hey .. since you're here we'd be totally interested to see ur own compiled viewer and expect an open source of it Smile 
I have always worked as a opensource developer, but anyway... are there any copybot viewers that are linux based?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Req] info for this mp ad - skin/shape JadeJewell 2 1,308 05-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: JadeJewell
  Request info on Baked textures Bogwoppet 6 2,951 08-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Last Post: skyebreeze
  I need info on sharing please.... justcheckin 9 2,910 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Last Post: KingGoon
  Shape Info Trudi Underwood 3 1,600 11-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Last Post: ERSCAL
  REQ: info on texture change HUD's Chewie 0 931 09-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Chewie