Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maitreya UV templates
Photo 
A rough UV template for the Maitreya body. Upper and Lower.
The body has so many pieces so putting together a UV map took some time.

Its not perfect as theres like 5 layers and almost 20 different UVs for each layer on both upper and lower.
I will update post when Im able to get the UVs perfect from the same and correct layer.

But this should be ok for texturing and stuff Smile

[To see links please register here]

[Image: by4n8.jpg]
Body pieces all spread out :o
so nice I also was looking for something on the maps I realized I have problems with lara maps were incorrect size on the body with omega re up pls nice job bro
Maitreya uses the SL UV, so textures created using that UV will work on the body.

As far as the body itself, it is 4 mesh 'bodies' layered one on top of another (Body > Tatttoo > Underwear > Clothing), each made up of 28 individual meshes (which map to parts of the SL UV), each with multiple faces (most faces used for alpha hiding of body - mapped to alpha HUD slices, except the top 'neck' part where there are individual faces mapped to the supported neck sizes), with a single neck fix mesh (uses the neck seam texture).

The body is the inner most layer (skin), followed by tattoo and then underwear (both the same shape as the body and very close fitting), with the clothing layer being the out most layer and being a bit 'boxy' in shape as it is designed to mimic clothing draped on the body (not form fitting / tight like a tattoo or underwear).

Most mesh bodies are very similar, using the SL UV as a base, with modifications to skin UV for hand / feet nails, UVs for hand / feet nails, various numbers of stacked layers on top of the base body for tattoos and clothing items, and faces used to provide various selections to alpha hide body parts.

Others bodies also have things like different breast shapes or various hand poses that are actually individual mesh parts linked to the master body that are toggled on / off using alpha to hide unused mesh parts.

This is also how most mesh heads work to achieve animation - stack multiple mesh parts on top of each other with individual facial features modeled in different shapes (e.g. mouth closed, partially open, moderate open, fully open), and scripted timers / triggers that alpha hide / show the various parts in sequences that give the illusion the lips or eyes or lashes or brows are moving.

A Catwa head in a static pose is only like 4 or 5 active (non-alpha) mesh parts (with individual faces for brows, lips, eye makeup), but each head is made up of around 100 mesh parts mostly stacked layers around the facial features to allow for all the animations.
Thumbs Up 
(09-16-2016, 08:11 AM)skyebreeze Wrote:

Maitreya uses the SL UV, so textures created using that UV will work on the body.

As far as the body itself, it is 4 mesh 'bodies' layered one on top of another (Body > Tatttoo > Underwear > Clothing), each made up of 28 individual meshes (which map to parts of the SL UV), each with multiple faces (most faces used for alpha hiding of body - mapped to alpha HUD slices, except the top 'neck' part where there are individual faces mapped to the supported neck sizes), with a single neck fix mesh (uses the neck seam texture).

The body is the inner most layer (skin), followed by tattoo and then underwear (both the same shape as the body and very close fitting), with the clothing layer being the out most layer and being a bit 'boxy' in shape as it is designed to mimic clothing draped on the body (not form fitting / tight like a tattoo or underwear).

Most mesh bodies are very similar, using the SL UV as a base, with modifications to skin UV for hand / feet nails, UVs for hand / feet nails, various numbers of stacked layers on top of the base body for tattoos and clothing items, and faces used to provide various selections to alpha hide body parts.

Others bodies also have things like different breast shapes or various hand poses that are actually individual mesh parts linked to the master body that are toggled on / off using alpha to hide unused mesh parts.

This is also how most mesh heads work to achieve animation - stack multiple mesh parts on top of each other with individual facial features modeled in different shapes (e.g. mouth closed, partially open, moderate open, fully open), and scripted timers / triggers that alpha hide / show the various parts in sequences that give the illusion the lips or eyes or lashes or brows are moving.

A Catwa head in a static pose is only like 4 or 5 active (non-alpha) mesh parts (with individual faces for brows, lips, eye makeup), but each head is made up of around 100 mesh parts mostly stacked layers around the facial features to allow for all the animations.

WOW ...... thanks for the very detailed and useful explanation nice job  awesom
kinda wish there was the nipple placement aswell.. I spent a lot of time and L$ trying to get that right Sad
(09-17-2016, 09:43 PM)scrumpabutt Wrote:

kinda wish there was the nipple placement aswell.. I spent a lot of time and L$ trying to get that right Sad

As in on a skin you made or what?

Easy solution to see how the UV maps to the body is to apply your chosen UV map as the skin texture.

The store has dev kits for free to create appliers - so creating a UV map texture skin applier won't cost a single Linden.

For testing new textures, just use the beta grid (if you log in today, your inventory from live will refresh and be available on the beta grid tomorrow).

There you can upload as many textures as you wish without cost and apply them to the body.
(09-18-2016, 01:03 AM)skyebreeze Wrote:

(09-17-2016, 09:43 PM)scrumpabutt Wrote:

As in on a skin you made or what?

Easy solution to see how the UV maps to the body is to apply your chosen UV map as the skin texture.

The store has dev kits for free to create appliers - so creating a UV map texture skin applier won't cost a single Linden.

For testing new textures, just use the beta grid (if you log in today, your inventory from live will refresh and be available on the beta grid tomorrow).

There you can upload as many textures as you wish without cost and apply them to the body.

I meant the UV mapping, the nipple placement is not what it seems on most skins. I could do the beta grid, but it's still a hassle..
I had never seen such a detailed uv map, very useful thanks Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Jsf Designs - Full Permission Zombie Male Psd Templates Copietje 1 452 10-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Last Post: PhantomPixel
Lightbulb Jsf Designs - Full Perm Zombie Female Psd Templates Copietje 0 275 09-17-2019, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Copietje
Star Fairytale Skin Templates Fem'nominon 5 1,930 08-14-2017, 06:47 AM
Last Post: MasterM25
  pack of 5 long top + undie TGA clothing templates Dhenax 2 1,538 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Last Post: domina
  gothic military jacket templates violettac 1 835 10-28-2016, 11:45 PM
Last Post: C.Nails