Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
website to create an avatar sl resident without the name?
hello I seek a site where I can create an avatar for Second Life resident without the name ... thank you I forgive my English helps me google I am French
(08-10-2016, 08:42 AM)john66w Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

hello I seek a site where I can create an avatar for Second Life resident without the name ... thank you I forgive my English helps me google I am French

Do you mean get a legacy name? There used to be but I think it was pretty short lived. Take a look at this old thread

[To see links please register here]

If you find a university that still uses legacy names,
you can NEVER GET OFF THEIR SIM or interact
with people outside that sim. You can not buy anything
from marketplace etc. Very frustrating.

Ask the Coyot family Wink

Laughs, ♥

Two ways to get a legacy name:

1. Rumor of Sansar letting you have a legacy last name, the gotcha is that you already have to have one.

2. Use a time machine to before LL cutoff the ability to pick surnames. I would jump on "Shatner"  or "Fuchs"
When they removed surnames on registrations through secondlife.com, there were some third party registration sites that still had the ability to register new accounts with surnames.

Sadly though, that hasn't been the case in years - they actually spent time and money closing all the third party registration 'loopholes' that allowed general purpose SL accounts to have surnames rather than admit the whole removal of surnames was a terrible idea.
ok thank you for your response
Well when you get that ime machine up and running let me know!
Still sitting on 120 active legacy names. Some hadn't been logged into for 7yrs and worked good as new this past weekend when I decided to see LL had killed them for never having initially logged in.
What the heck is a legacy name? I'm not oldfag enough to understand, LL just gave me a few randomly generated last names to choose from. Is that still how it is?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Funny avatar picture thread! Coyote 610 255,265 06-08-2019, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Cyanide
  Child Avatar Skins? Armand Brack 6 1,118 01-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: ..:: Cyra ::..
  Easy Tool for Avatar Bento ? Fuck3r_H@ck3r 2 1,310 11-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: hotbox20
  full perm altamura avatar female dottie1975 0 621 08-19-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: dottie1975
  Vista vs Avatar Animations Inc ? Mafalda 1 711 05-19-2018, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Mafalda