Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Darkstorm 3.1.0
I'm new, I've downloaded it.  After installing it, when I try to run it; it doesn't complete the loading darkstorm prompt like you will see with most viewers and ends itself abruptly.  Any ideas why?
(03-15-2019, 01:57 PM)LittleGM Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm new, I've downloaded it.  After installing it, when I try to run it; it doesn't complete the loading darkstorm prompt like you will see with most viewers and ends itself abruptly.  Any ideas why?

Loading into a region? show screenshot and say your computer specs
(03-15-2019, 03:06 PM)gustavo666 Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(03-15-2019, 01:57 PM)LittleGM Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm new, I've downloaded it.  After installing it, when I try to run it; it doesn't complete the loading darkstorm prompt like you will see with most viewers and ends itself abruptly.  Any ideas why?

Loading into a region? show screenshot and say your computer specs

Don't even get into a region, the prompt pops up saying Loading darkstorm and then it never loads, it's as if it's crashing but not even bringing up a crash prompt.  Never goes into the client.
Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
normally thats either an antivirus problem or a videocard issue, darkstorm based on a very old firestorm now, so could be your videocard too new for it, or, if you using any kind of virus protection it's blocking it.

I got darkstorm working on my ubuntu 18.04, not tried it on windows 10 though.

Best thing to do is read backwards through the pages to this thread to see if anyone else has had similar problems and any solutions that may have been posted to them.
"Quote the Raven, Never More"
Thanks for your response. I've been able to run firestorm. the videocard isn't new.
I am worried that it might be the darkstorm, I even tried running it as admin to bypass anti-virus.
It's a struggle, because I lost my texture I made since I had to re-image the hard drive and I put it as a texture on my mesh, yet can't pull it off again since I can't grab my uuid's. Was hoping to rip it back off so I can get back to photoshopping it and adding the freckles.
until you get darkstorm working again, there is another way to get textures

There is a freeware program for windows called slcacheviewer

Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.

I use it all the time with my normal firestorm.

Go to an empty sim, I find moses sim good as it all under water so nothing really to rez.

Make sure you are wearing the items you want the textures from.

set your draw distance to 32 meters, either use quick prefs are type dd 32   in your local chat Smile

Go to your cache folder shut then down firestorm, delete everything in the cache folder.

load up firestorm again, let everything load.

then use sl cachviewer to load up all the new textures you just grabbed from yourself.r

It will also give you the UUID too of all the textures.

Hope that helps Wink
"Quote the Raven, Never More"
Wow! Thanks so much raven!
I got that problem with the original Second Life viewer, I clicked on login and while loading the viewer disappears... but it skipped the problem after 3 or 4 tries
I'm so sorry I dont have a solution for you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Viewer] DarkStorm v3.1.0 (windows/linux) wish 998 257,219 05-24-2019, 01:45 AM
Last Post: netwalker24
Star OLD [Viewer] DarkStorm v3.0.2 Windows and Linux wish 2,147 315,786 05-11-2019, 08:32 AM
Last Post: miyako
  can't detach or see my own avatar on darkstorm hehelemontime 0 130 03-30-2019, 11:45 PM
Last Post: hehelemontime
  How can i copy all UUID Textures DarkStorm? xFaeyy 2 312 03-13-2019, 06:53 AM
Last Post: xXravenXx
  Run Darkstorm from a virtual machine? gremon 3 359 03-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Last Post: dancinggirl