Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bento Heads (Can look like me?)
Surely it is a stupid question, but I took demo heads for myself and not wearing their shape, the face is completely deformed.
Is there a bento head that fits my face and can therefore look like me?
The only thing I managed to do is: got all the values head, eyes, chin, mouth of the original shape bento and brought back to my shape and the head becomes the one I took as a demo, but trying to make it look like mine is practically impossible. At least for me.
Is there a table from which I can extrapolate the values I should put to make them conform to those of my shape?
Yes I understand, stupid question, but maybe someone ... has a non-stupid answer.

Sicuramente è una domanda stupida, ma ho preso alcune teste demo per me e non indossando la loro shape, la faccia è completamente deformata.
Esiste una testa bento che si adatti alla mia faccia e che quindi possa assomigliare a me?
Unica cosa in cui sono riuscito è: preso tutti i valori testa, occhi, mento, bocca della shape bento originale e riportati sulla mia shape e la testa diventa quella che ho preso come demo, ma cercare di farla assomigliare alla mia è praticamente impossibile. Almeno per me.
Esiste una tabella da cui estrapolare i valori che dovrei mettere per uniformarli a quelli della mia shape?
Sì capisco, stupida domanda, ma magari qualcuno ... ha una non stupida risposta.

Thanks
(05-13-2019, 11:15 PM)RevengeIT Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Surely it is a stupid question, but I took demo heads for myself and not wearing their shape, the face is completely deformed.
The only thing I managed to do is: got all the values head, eyes, chin, mouth of the original shape bento and brought back to my shape and the head becomes the one I took as a demo, but trying to make it look like mine is practically impossible. At least for me.
Is there a table from which I can extrapolate the values I should put to make them conform to those of my shape?
Yes I understand, stupid question, but maybe someone ... has a non-stupid answer.

Sicuramente è una domanda stupida, ma ho preso alcune teste demo per me e non indossando la loro shape, la faccia è completamente deformata.
Esiste una testa bento che si adatti alla mia faccia e che quindi possa assomigliare a me?
Unica cosa in cui sono riuscito è: preso tutti i valori testa, occhi, mento, bocca della shape bento originale e riportati sulla mia shape e la testa diventa quella che ho preso come demo, ma cercare di farla assomigliare alla mia è praticamente impossibile. Almeno per me.
Esiste una tabella da cui estrapolare i valori che dovrei mettere per uniformarli a quelli della mia shape?
Sì capisco, stupida domanda, ma magari qualcuno ... ha una non stupida risposta.

Thanks

Simple answer is no.

I am no expert on bones or rigging etc. but when they design the heads they set them in such a way that only their shape fits well and, although you can make tweaks the face will look close to the head they made.
As far as I know there is no such a thing as a table, or shape translator. All must be done manually and no shape will ever match form standard avatar, or across the various bento heads makers.
I will tell you what I did and I hope that will help.
First, I took allot of snapshots of my head, from various angles, with front and side the most important.
Then, I chose the head with the best flexibility, descent demo and without too many zeros on the price tag. I recommend NORMIE head that comes with a few shapes and is very flexible.

Taking 100 snapshots to your drive costs you nothing. The demo cost you nothing. The experimenting cost you time, but that's about all.
I simply displayed the snapshots on the side of the viewer, and manually adjusted the meshes to what I see. It didn't take all that long to get the rough similarities.
Keeping in mind that the bento head moves and is never identical to the default because it is much more "alive", you can give it a shot, see how it moves, how it looks from various angles and continually keep improving it, till you completely happy. if you happen to be patient enough and give it some time, simply save the shape you have made with the demo and purchase the head.

Do not be discouraged if you look like a UFO after meteors attack. Just simply move the sliders to match what you see on the snapshots.
I hope this helps. Good luck.
I'm late replying this post but there's another way, if you can log on two avatars. Put on one avatar the target shape, the shape you want to try to match, log that one on and stand it on a pose stand. Log the avatar on where you are editing a shape, stand it on a copy of the same pose stand, then edit the pose stand and move it into exactly the same position as the one where is the target avatar. Then you can move and tweak sliders with the actual shape there to see, till you get as close match as you can.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
As a Gemini I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(07-04-2019, 09:27 AM).Flagg. Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.I'm late replying this post but there's another way, if you can log on two avatars.  Put on one avatar the target shape, the shape you want to try to match, log that one on and stand it on a pose stand.  Log the avatar on where you are editing a shape, stand it on a copy of the same pose stand, then edit the pose stand and move it into exactly the same position as the one where is the target avatar.  Then you can move and tweak sliders with the actual shape there to see, till you get as close match as you can.

that's a pretty clever idea that i haven't seen mentioned elsewhere

even at that point, some heads may not allow for the full shape, depending on the dimensions of the current head .... most heads come with a general shape in mind, so may still involve some trial & error while tinkering to find the head that would come closest
(05-14-2019, 10:49 AM)rodinsippo Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.
(05-13-2019, 11:15 PM)RevengeIT Wrote: Guests cannot see links in the messages. Please register to forum by clicking here to see links.Surely it is a stupid question, but I took demo heads for myself and not wearing their shape, the face is completely deformed.

Thanks

Simple answer is no.

I am no expert on bones or rigging etc. but when they design the heads they set them in such a way that only their shape fits well and, although you can make tweaks the face will look close to the head they made.
it's not a stupid question  you have to go into appearance and tweak your head in edit shape or else the head looks hideous also getting  a skin you use or similar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mesh Heads Coyote 81 34,680 08-15-2019, 07:11 AM
Last Post: amsterdam1231
  Easy Tool for Avatar Bento ? Fuck3r_H@ck3r 2 1,103 11-06-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: hotbox20
  Bento Facial Animations? JadeJewell 3 910 11-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: JadeJewell
Wink What is ur favorites skins for Catwa catya bento head? Vitvoka 22 5,004 10-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JadeJewell
  Turn mesh head into bento mesh head? Is it possible? estrellabonita 4 1,007 09-03-2018, 02:04 AM
Last Post: estrellabonita