Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loving Darkstorm
Greetings!

I've been an SL user in the late 2000's and like most of us my inventory is full of animations, props, full characters, no transfer items, no copy ones. I've come across this awesome forum and the DarkStorm viewer.

I've been playing with DS a few weeks ago and have mainly been trying to setup a process that exports a character (and props: armor, hair, etc.) from SL (with all the no-copy / no transfer items), do some cleanup in Blender, rig in Mixamo and import in Unreal.

I've now started to investigate the "orange cloud" issue (that can't seem to be fixed in my case - tried several computers / accounts) and the crashing export of animations. Must say that the user created anims can't be beaten by the Mixamo collection.

I'd like to share the nice things I extract from SL with people; what's the favourite way of sharing the loot?

Thanks for this great tool!
Welcome to the forum; if you are using Darkstorm, then that's partly the cause of the Orange Cloud, I expect. Some time ago, LL changed communications protocols within SL, and that caused the viewers of the day, including Darkstorm, to stop working correctly. New viewers were released, of course, and that goes fror this forum -- we have a new viewer, one that works pretty well. It is Revelator; go to this thread and download the Revelator viewer from here:

[To see links please register here]

Once installed, Revelator works in much the same way as does Darkstorm. Continue reading through the thread to find the quick, pragmatic instructions for using the new viewer. Have fun. Steal it ALL. Even the Roast Beast!
"...If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes." -- Roy Batty, Blade Runner (1982)
Thank you Armand Brack! I will try this at once :-)
Ok Revelator seems to be awesome :-)

Animations export just fine - no more orange cloud issues or messed up graphics upon closing the viewer.

I'll now start working on a python script for Blender to remap / adjust the SL animation skeleton to Mixamo rigged ones. Will share the script when it works :-)
Excellent, and I am sure we have a scripts directory for that...
"...If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes." -- Roy Batty, Blade Runner (1982)
(10-12-2019, 07:25 AM)Armand Brack Wrote:

Welcome to the forum; if you are using Darkstorm, then that's partly the cause of the Orange Cloud, I expect.  Some time ago, LL changed communications protocols within SL, and that caused the viewers of the day, including Darkstorm, to stop working correctly.  New viewers were released, of course, and that goes fror this forum -- we have a new viewer, one that works pretty well.  It is Revelator; go to this thread and download the Revelator viewer from here:

Once installed, Revelator works in much the same way as does Darkstorm.  Continue reading through the thread to find the quick, pragmatic instructions for using the new viewer.  Have fun.  Steal it ALL.  Even the Roast Beast!

Is it for Windows 10?
It works great on Windows 10, just make sure your OS is the 64bit version

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DARKSTORM MAC VERSION LARA99 8 1,424 03-27-2019, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Rip Goon
  darkstorm amaury08 3 491 09-19-2018, 07:19 AM
Last Post: MistressMoon
  Need help with Darkstorm.exe Download. Eclypse 10 4,190 05-16-2017, 01:35 PM
Last Post: showbis
  New here but used Darkstorm for years mtown67 0 548 08-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: mtown67