Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REVELATOR: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Question 
I'm making this thread to keep the main thread from keep getting longer and harder to read, and so the answers are easier to find.

DO NOT PUT BUG REPORTS IN HERE.
There is a thread like this for just bug reports:

[To see links please register here]

DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS AGAIN THAT ARE ALREADY POSTED ON THIS THREAD.

DO NOT PUT LONG 'DISCUSSION' KIND OF QUESTIONS HERE.
This is for short questions that can be answered in one post and done.
If you have a question doesn't fit into that, make a thread for it.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

Hi Flagg.. I am struggling with using UUID's for dances..... Is there a easy way to do this in Revelator? Would appreciate your help with this one. I know how to rip animations from avs using Tools - Inspect - Anims but I do not know how to use the UUID's posted in the forums.

what i miss in this viewer
- INSPECT  that we can see the original creator, if i edit now and do linked part its says nobody, this option isn't there or when we wear it or when i rezz it on the ground
-  we can't copy paste a name in a folder we must type now
- it has no recent under the tab is it empty
maybe a bug when i open Revelator, then my body is whole alpha, when i click on the body hud, then everything is grey (must be white)
when i delete something my inventory scroll up and down that sucks

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
(12-16-2019, 07:47 AM)Glide Beaumont Wrote:

what i miss in this viewer
- INSPECT  that we can see the original creator, if i edit now and do linked part its says nobody, this option isn't there or when we wear it or when i rezz it on the ground
-  we can't copy paste a name in a folder we must type now
- it has no recent under the tab is it empty
maybe a bug when i open Revelator, then my body is whole alpha, when i click on the body hud, then everything is grey (must be white)
when i delete something my inventory scroll up and down that sucks

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy

Hi Glide... I just want to know how to use the UUID's for dances from the forum. I do know how to create a AO from from a notecard but dont know how to use UUID's for dances.

sashagrayson: i dont know why you ask me about the uuid for dances, and you are in the wrong thread to ask that
you can also search in this forum but so far i know you can't use uuid numbers from dances in a example dancehud or whatever

What do you want to do ?
New mailCopy
(12-15-2019, 01:54 PM)sashagrayson Wrote:

Hi Flagg.. I am struggling with using UUID's for dances..... Is there a easy way to do this in Revelator? Would appreciate your help with this one. I know how to rip animations from avs using Tools - Inspect - Anims but I do not know how to use the UUID's posted in the forums.

hey sasha,

sorry, this is question for you... how do you rip animations? are you able to rip animations and transform them into .bvh files somehow?
(12-15-2019, 01:54 PM)sashagrayson Wrote:

(12-19-2019, 12:18 AM)asshatsi Wrote:

hey sasha,

sorry, this is question for you... how do you rip animations? are you able to rip animations and transform them into .bvh files somehow?

The way that is *supposed* to work, is that the Key Tool will open the UUID, and create a temporary copy of the animation in Local Inventory, same like if you had ripped the dance off an avatar, which you would then save to your hard drive as a .anim or .animatn (or bvh but because bvh in Revelator is not up to date on Bento that doesn't work, you can use the Anim2BVH tool on anim/animatn files if you need bvh, get that tool here

).

But because of some things changed when the Lab switched to HTTP, the Key Tool is not working the way it used to do, on other things than textures and sounds.

Therefore there is not an easy way to directly use those UUIDs, but you have two options, one of which is better than UUIDs anyway because it's less steps needed.

Option One is when the post of the UUIDs has also the download that has already the animation files.  Just get the download, and upload the animations, which you would have to do anyway if you used the key Tool with the UUIDs.

Option Two is take the  UUIDs and add them into an AO notecard, which lets you either use the viewer AO as a kind of personal dance hud, or also lets you rip those dances from yourself and save them then upload them.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

if I want to upload an XML file the viewer keeps crashing, what can I do?

sorry i don't know me so well
Thanks for being so nice Flagg!

Not sure if I'm too dumb, missing a part or something but if I use that tool ANIM2BVH to convert .animatn or .anim files into .bvh ... the .bvh files don't work normally, can't open them in blender because they are corrupt? Am I doing something wrong?
chantilety:

try uploading your .XML file with Firestorm or another viewer that also offers .XML upload capability.
"...If only you could have seen what I've seen with your eyes." -- Roy Batty, Blade Runner (1982)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Revelator For Everyone .Flagg. 328 45,300 Today, 04:09 AM
Last Post: shelover
Lightbulb REVELATOR: FEATURE REQUESTS .Flagg. 25 2,944 Yesterday, 01:22 AM
Last Post: sumire
Bug REVELATOR: BUG REPORTS .Flagg. 64 5,991 07-04-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: ragrawal
  3 questions about Revelator alpha Blair Waldorf 3 185 05-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Emma Frost
Big Grin Revelator Alpha 64 bit viewer lilith969 27 9,661 06-14-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: .Flagg.