Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REVELATOR: BUG REPORTS
Bug 
DO NOT PUT QUESTIONS IN HERE.
There is a thread like this for just questions and answers:

[To see links please register here]

DO NOT POST BUGS AGAIN THAT ARE ALREADY POSTED ON THIS THREAD.

DO NOT START LONG 'DISCUSSION' HERE.
But do put all the information you can put about how to trigger the bug,
and about what kind of system you have if it affects the bug.
Tell too if the same bug is in regular latest Singularity.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

unable to see active speakers on voice so unable ot increase decrease volumes on them
[Image: kingGoon_Sig.gif]

Not sure if it goes in questions thread or in here, but I have a problem with sounds. Mostly in gestures. Sometimes I can hear them in one session fine, but then in another not. The other people near me can hear them but not me, and I've not turned off any settings for the sounds.
(12-07-2019, 10:58 AM)BirdsRdumb Wrote:

Not sure if it goes in questions thread or in here, but I have a problem with sounds. Mostly in gestures. Sometimes I can hear them in one session fine, but then in another not. The other people near me can hear them but not me, and I've not turned off any settings for the sounds.

This is not a total fix, there are other bugs about it. But make sure you give Revelator its own cache folder, not the same one Singularity or an other viewer uses. Other viewers are bad about deleting the sounds that have been cached when they shut down. This is even more bad when you run two or more avatars logged in at the same time. Revelator by default doesn't delete them.
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

(12-06-2019, 01:13 PM)hotbox20 Wrote:

unable to see active speakers on voice so unable ot increase decrease volumes on them

I haven't tried it because I don't use voice much ever but I have heard two ways people do to make the speakers load. One is to go into the voice morph as if you are going to turn morphing on, then close that. Another is to teleport out of a place then back in it, with voice turned on. This and the gesture sounds bug in the last message are both bugs in Singularity that I didn't have time to investigate yet.
---
---
---
New here?  Click:

(12-07-2019, 05:08 PM).Flagg. Wrote:

(12-07-2019, 10:58 AM)BirdsRdumb Wrote:

This is not a total fix, there are other bugs about it.  But make sure you give Revelator its own cache folder, not the same one Singularity or an other viewer uses. Other viewers are bad about deleting the sounds that have been cached when they shut down.  This is even more bad when you run two or more avatars logged in at the same time.  Revelator by default doesn't delete them.

Thanks for reply! 
I actually only use revelator as my lone viewer. I will try installing singularity and see if I can reproduce the problem using it. Then can confirm if it's in base singularity problem lies.
Thanks for your great work!
I encountered several instances, while attempting to export XML, the client just closes/crashes.  While the same structure goes out as DAE without problem. 
The structure is only partly mesh, and mainly prims and sculpts.
Noticing something with animation exports when exporting using the animation inspect tool targeting another avatar.
Inspection panel shows the animations as expected. Each animation can be Opened and the "save" button allows the animation to be exported.
The problem is the exported animation seems to be truncated. When the exported animation is imported it succeeds and it can be played but
it will abruptly halt after some amount of time. Once this happens, that animation will no longer play until "stop all aninmations" is set.
Other animations will play as expected after the "truncated import" animation halt. I have only tested using ".anim" export so far.
(12-09-2019, 02:57 AM)ericwy Wrote:

Noticing  something with animation exports when exporting using the animation inspect tool targeting another avatar.
Inspection panel shows the animations as expected. Each animation can be Opened and the "save" button allows the animation to be exported.
The problem is the exported animation seems to be truncated.  When the exported animation is imported it succeeds and it can be played but
it will abruptly halt after some amount of time.  Once this happens, that animation will no longer play until "stop all aninmations" is set.
Other animations will play as expected after the "truncated import" animation halt.  I have only tested using ".anim" export so far.

Re-tested using a known good animation (non-bento) and was able to export and re-import it and it works fine. It's an older non-bento animation.  The ones I seem to
be having trouble with include hand and facial animations along with the body movements.
(12-09-2019, 03:20 AM)ericwy Wrote:

(12-09-2019, 02:57 AM)ericwy Wrote:

Noticing  something with animation exports when exporting using the animation inspect tool targeting another avatar.
The problem is the exported animation seems to be truncated.  When the exported animation is imported it succeeds and it can be played but
it will abruptly halt after some amount of time.  Once this happens, that animation will no longer play until "stop all aninmations" is set.
Other animations will play as expected after the "truncated import" animation halt.  I have only tested using ".anim" export so far.

Re-tested using a known good animation (non-bento) and was able to export and re-import it and it works fine. It's an older non-bento animation.  The ones I seem to
be having trouble with include hand and facial animations along with the body movements.
Eric, try to export more complex/troublesome animations as "BVH" instead of ".anm".  I know they pain on the butt,  because they cannot be uploaded as bulk, but need to go one by one.  However, while uploading BVH, you have some options, such a loop (this should fix your stops) and so on.  If those are isolated instances, and you want them really bad, it is sure worth the effort IMO.
Then, to make absolutely sure, try to play them with Firestorm, instead of Revelator.
I keep experimenting in Hyper Grids or Open Sim environments, and it seems to work better that way. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Revelator For Everyone .Flagg. 272 23,427 1 hour ago
Last Post: alucarcita90
Lightbulb REVELATOR: FEATURE REQUESTS .Flagg. 9 381 7 hours ago
Last Post: XScripter
Question REVELATOR: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS .Flagg. 0 244 12-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Last Post: .Flagg.
Big Grin Revelator Alpha 64 bit viewer lilith969 27 8,595 06-14-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: .Flagg.