Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REVELATOR: FEATURE REQUESTS
Lightbulb 
KEEP IT BRIEF.
A little talk about things is okay but I don't want to swim through a flood of talk to read these and neither do you.
Fractured Crystal: You know ban evasion isn’t in the TOS, right?
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

[To see links please register here]

Areas search, the right click menu of the object list, could have a "Delete" button.

Firestorm has one, Singularity does not.

In some cases of bad XML upload, there are some very small parts all over the place that can be edited, but hard to select and delete.
In Firestorm, one can select entire list and delete them all (or some) right from the search panel.

Nothing critical, but it is handy.  As it is now, after a bad attempt to upload a link-set, I can either struggle to catch all the parts, or simply change to Firestorm and delete all the trash in one shot.
Texture Organizer like DS has

Mac OS Compatibility would be amazing if possible.
FML
It's possible this is already in Revelator, but I just don't know what it's called or how to find it.. But in Darkstorm, if you wanted to import a .xml file, if you already had a copy/mod prim from that creator, you could select that prim in edit mode while youi imported the .xml, and it would make the creator of the new .xml import the same as on the copy/mod prim. like if it was a prim hair, and someone clicked it to see who made it, it would look legit because the creator is listed as them not you, the one who imported it. I hope I am not being too confusing.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-09-2019, 01:43 PM)rachellypoo Wrote:

It's possible this is already in Revelator, but I just don't know what it's called or how to find it.. But in Darkstorm, if you wanted to import a .xml file, if you already had a copy/mod prim from that creator, you could select that prim in edit mode while youi imported the .xml, and it would make the creator of the new .xml import the same as on the copy/mod prim. like if it was a prim hair, and someone clicked it to see who made it, it would look legit because the creator is listed as them not you, the one who imported it. I hope I am not being too confusing.

It is but it's not in Edit mode. Rez your seed prim inworld, rightclick it, and climb down through the pie menu to Import and import your XML. It's bad idea to import with edit open because then the edit tool selects every newly created prim while it's being made. Don't either have area search open because sometimes because area search keeps a select thread running to get object infos it can grab and reshape anything you have modify rights on and tries to include it in the import linkset.
---
SL banned? Search 'technitium', 'MAC changer', 'serial changer', 'ban evasion', 'VPN', 'IP ban', 'hardware ban'.
---
I can argue any side of everything with equal conviction.  You have been warned.
---
New here?  Click:

Mac support, Mac support, Mac support, Mac support, Mac support

Also, the older versions of dark storm had a really neat feature where you could select multiple objects inside your inventory and then set the perms on all of them from a single window instead of opening multiple ones. That would be a neat idea.

Another idea which isn't specifically copybot related but would just be seriously neat would be creating a feature to allow people to save code snippets to a library, name the snippet and select it from a drop down at the bottom of the script. Similar to the insert functions drop down. And when selected it will insert the code snippet into the script where the cursor currently is. Would make code management 100x greater as you wouldn't need a billion scripts to save all of your interesting code snippets that you use frequently.
Old story, but worth mentioning, IMO.
Both Singularity and Revelator has the log in password capacity shorter than Firestorm.
Would be nice, if you could make it a few characters longer.

Awesome client all together, Flagg.  Much better than the predecessor.  Thank you very much.
Mac support will happen when someone gives me a Mac. I tried to get a Mac VM or a hackintosh to work but not had any success. Someone else here that has a Mac is working on getting their system able to build the Mac Singularity, and if that works out I can patch that source.

Area search delete is easy to do, and the only reason it is not already there is that my one beta tester that I have inworld contact with, very regularly accidently deletes the house, or the platform, or some other random thing nearby. Multiply that accident by the power of area search, and it will not be pretty. The same reason is 'Delete All Owned Objects' and a few other things either are not there at all or are barricaded behind god mode. I can add the area search delete but it is going to have to be turned on the ability to use it, it won't just be always there in default.

Bulk inventory permissions I can port from Firestorm.

The texture organizer, I will eventually find time to make an attempt, I have an old Darkstorm source that it might be in.

I can add longer password support but a probable consequence of it will be that every saved logins file everyone has will probably stop working.
---
---
---
New here?  Click:

Something I noticed with the last version of Revelator - Not sure if this one does the same I just updated and haven't checked it out much yet. It would have been nice if as soon as a particle emitter stopped emitting that I could have still exported the script. I have a few things with neat particle effects but the emitter clears the particle system after like 0.2 seconds. It's nearly impossible to copy it that fast. So maybe a cached Particle emitters section?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Revelator For Everyone .Flagg. 272 23,424 17 minutes ago
Last Post: alucarcita90
Bug REVELATOR: BUG REPORTS .Flagg. 13 469 12-12-2019, 11:10 PM
Last Post: .Flagg.
Question REVELATOR: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS .Flagg. 0 243 12-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Big Grin Revelator Alpha 64 bit viewer lilith969 27 8,595 06-14-2018, 01:04 AM